Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Annoying Annotations


As a first year college student and Physics major, some classes I am required to take in college are irrelevant to my major. Written Communication is a basic writing class that every student is required to take in order to graduate from William Jewell College.
I have always been a structurally sound writer, however simple grammatical mistakes within my writing have held me back. Therefore I welcome the opportunity to improve my writing by completing college papers and other writing assignments.
Within this particular writing class I have been slightly aggravated by some assignments. The main assignment that I referred to as busy work was the assignment to write an annotated bibliography.  Granted I had never heard of an annotated bibliography and it served as nice practice with a language aspect I had never dealt with. The annoying part of the assignment was it’s required length and redundancy.  The entire assignment was around 2500 words and even up to this point as been the largest assignment of the class. The requirement was to analyze ten sources, so I felt myself repeating myself throughout the entire assignment. This would be a much more beneficial assignment if the requirement was shortened to a five source annotated bibliography. This would eliminate the focus of frustration as opposed to the focus of qualitative learning. This would also make the sources evaluated within the annotated bibliography have much stronger credibility. Overall it was a very useful assignment that allowed to me to prepare myself for future tasks in college and perhaps in graduate school.

No comments:

Post a Comment