Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Losing the Library


Over the past two days my fellow students and I have been sharing the William Jewell College Campus with a construction project. The annoying fact behind this occurrence is that it is taking place within our library. The Library has three floors with an upper level quiet floor, a main floor, and a computer lab in the basement. The ongoing project has prompted the main college officials to close the top floor of the library and a quarter of the main floor for renovation. This is causing crowded tables and louder noise levels in a place that used to be scholarly and peaceful.
Another main problem to think about is that this is like the spring training time for the library. The main season for it is during finals week when many extra students resort to the library in an effort to gain a better studying environment. During this time the library will be virtually in accessible to some students due to the fact it will be way too crowded with everyone confined to the main floor.
More specific to myself they have destroyed one of my most helpful rooms within the library. Being in several hard math courses, I am a part of a study group that uses a room with a whiteboard to complete our excessively difficult homework. However, without having the facilities to do this task I have relied on for so long I have a small fear that my grades will suffer. Even though the library is being renovated into an administration building for the fall of 2012, I believe that maintenance should wait until the summer to destroy such a pivotal facility on the campus. They could easily call in extra man power to make up for lost time in the summer without causing all the hassle and disregard for the student body.

No comments:

Post a Comment